Friday, June 11, 2010

Let the games begin!

A full month of games starts this morning. Actually in about an hour and a half from now the opening ceremonies will be done and Mexico will begin to trounce on the hopes of South African soccer fans across the world. I could be wrong....but I don't really think so.

I have to admit it would be quite exciting to see South Africa come out of their group, slip past Argentina or Greece then face an ailing England squad in the quarters before having to face Brazil or Spain to reach the finals. That would be the feel good story of the year. Unfortunately I think it's a bit of a pipe dream.

I was surprised how many entries we have for this tournament. we have a grand total of 15. 13 online players and 2 offline players. with maybe one or two exceptions you have all said, "I have know clue about soccer." I definitely fall into that boat. The only soccer I watch is Saturday mornings when Morgan is running around with what seems like 500 other kids chasing a ball from field to field in the pouring rain.

So here we go. We'll claim that this is the official Canadian soccer squad for the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.

Al Godfrey
Andrew Shareski
Brock Burnham
Dan Duggan
Elaina Godfrey
Jamie Lemire
Jeff Grieve
Jim Haney
John Nichols
Kent Macrae
Mark Peters
Mike Lemire
Pete Rowe
Ryan Hall
Steve Stanley

Good luck to everyone. Keep checking back for more updates and feel free to add you comments below.
j.

0 comments:

Post a Comment